Syracuse Metal roofing refers to the use of metallic materials such as steel and tin on your building’s roofs. Many Syracuse area home and business owners actually prefer using this kind of material when establishing a new building because of several reasons. If you are thinking about using metal roofs in your Syracuse construction, you must also know of the advantages and disadvantages to help you discern whether this is the material that works best for you.
- Metal roofing system is durable. They can withstand extreme weather conditions like rain, snow and hail. They are also resistant to fire which makes it safe for places that are prone to wildfires. They do not crack, erode or sink thus making them easier to manage and maintain. They have a long time warranty that lasts up to 50 years.
- They are both attractive and versatile. You can use them for any building character because they come in different forms that designs that will easily coordinate with the rest of the building. They are also pre-painted so all you have to do is choose the colour that works for you. Repainting is often the only thing you need to keep it in top shape.
- Metal roofing is cost-effective. Because they last longer when compared to the other roofing materials, you do not have to keep on replacing them during maintenance. Insurance companies would offer you discounts when availing of a home insurance due to your metal roofs because of their durability and fire resistance. They also add value to your home because the mere fact that is made out of metal gives you an upgraded value more or less $1.45 per square foot.
- They are also environment friendly. Since they are made out of recycled scrap metals, they are friendlier to the environment. You can also choose those that are painted with reflective pigments to decrease the use of your HVAC system. This is because the heat of the sun reflects back without penetrating inside your home and thus, controlling the use of your air conditioner.
- If you are installing the metal roofing material yourself, you might find them trickier to install when compared with asphalt and shingles. You would need to plan and work carefully on the joints and the locations of the flashes to ensure that they are in place and water cannot penetrate.
- If you are using them without insulation, you may find the sound of the rain annoying.
- Since, they are of premium quality you may find the price of the thick gauges relatively high. However, since they are low maintenance, you will still save money in the long run.
- With the right plan, metal roofing is simpler to install because you do not have to lay the small materials one by one.
If you are looking for a professional Syracuse Roofer or Roofing contractor and surrounding areas then please call 315-729-1120 or complete our online request form